Quality design is individual to each project. Designs should enhance value and increase equity while respecting costs. Successful design must also satisfy your unique functional and living needs. Master Planning is a high level global overview of the project goals and options. Our staff will present more than just one design to suit your needs. Options in design can include:
- Presentations and critiques of multiple possibilities
- Refining room sizes and organization
- “Right-sizing” the wish list and budget
- Weighing benefits of different alternatives
Through considering options, combining alternatives, and refining the balance of decision making, the design becomes clear and the best alternatives surface.
Young and Borlik Architects won the Town of Atherton’s Green Building Award in recognition of environmental leadership in green building practices.
This modern farm house featured:
- Solar water heating and photovoltaic panels.
- Integrated hydronic heating and ventilation systems.
- Preservation of existing mature landscape.
- Site planning, Home orientation, Natural lighting.
- Material technologies; Trusses, Engineered lumber, Fly-ash concrete, Waterproofing, etc.
- High Efficacy LED lighting.
- Low VOC paints and coatings.
Young and Borlik Architects is committed to promoting and incorporating sustainable design and building practices in all of our projects. The benefits of sustainable design include:
- Longer lasting, higher quality, and lower maintenance buildings.
- Improved indoor air quality and health.
- Using energy, water, and natural resources wisely and responsibly.
- Providing long term economic value.
- Reducing our impact on the environment.